The in-the-cloud data loss prevention and endpoint security solution developed by CoSoSys has just been launched on the Japanese market by their local partner, Uptown Inc. For those new to the Security as a Service world of endpoint security, My Endpoint Protector is the world’s first software as a service application for device control and data loss prevention that helps companies manage internal and external threats effectively, thus dodging the overwhelming threats harbored by the broad use of portable storage devices and at the same time avoiding to put unnecessary pressure on IT departments and budgets.
My Endpoint Protector’ main benefits include:
- Proactive protection against data loss, data theft, data leakage and malware infection by controlling the use of portable devices
- Protection for Windows PCs (7 / Vista / XP) and Mac OS X
- Effective device management and control by defining specific usage rights for both devices and employees accessing the network
- Centralized Web-based interface for ease of management and reporting, plus real-time monitoring of devices
- Comprehensive audit trail through device activity logs
- Enforced encryption for all sensitive files in transit
- Easy policy enforcement using customizable templates
- Offline mode to protect PCs when they are disconnected from the network, even if the user has administrative rights on that machine
It is indeed an easy to set up, maintenance free and pain free data loss and endpoint security solution and its availability in the cloud also spares companies from pain inducing spendings on new hardware and software platforms. If you’d like to test it, here’s a link to the free trial. And if you’re in Japan and want to know more about Uptown Inc, here are a few details: they provide software solutions for multiple platforms and cloud solutions in Japan. The companies head office is located in Saitama, Japan. Uptown distributes products through resellers or directly to users at http://www.uptown.jp.